Latest posts by Rich Thurman MA, CSCS CPT, ONNIT KB Specialist (see all)
- Steel Mace Training: 3 Exercises For A Bigger Bench Press - April 20, 2016
- Steel Mace Training: What Is It? - March 28, 2016
- 10 Most Common Fitness Training Mistakes for Beginners - December 28, 2015
We all want to have a great shaped body. Guys want six pack abs and ladies want a nice butt and legs. Do you really know how to achieve this? Well a lot of us go to the gym and workout, but what else can we do to get the fitness results that we want? My answer is simple and you don’t have to change much about your lifestyle to get a little bit more body fat loss bang for your buck!
- Do your exercise routine in the morning instead of planning for the evening or afternoon. Over the day excuses build up and we find any reason not to workout. By the end of a work day most people just want to go home and collapse. Wouldn’t it feel good to collapse on the sofa knowing that you already did you workout earlier that day?
- Do 15 to 20 minutes of cardio of after your strength training workout for the extra calorie expenditure. Those extra calories will be more likely to come from fat as your body typically depletes its initial energy stores during an intense weight training workout.
- Take a walk at lunch time. Don’t just sit in your office or sit at a restaurant. Pack a lunch loaded with fresh vegetables and a lean protein source and afterwards go for a walk and expend a little more energy.
- Take the stairs more often. Often times we have a tendency to take the escalator or the lift. It amazes me that people will not only take the elevator to the next floor but they will take the lift down one floor. Not only does this waste electrical energy but a few calories could have been burned along the way. Go green and walk it! Even the escalator is meant to assist you in getting where you’re going faster, so walk it as well.
These are just a few things you can do to expend more energy and lose more body fat. I’m curious to hear some of your ideas on how a person could expend more energy. Leave your comment below.
If you’re interested in Bootcamp in San Francisco or Small Group training in your Bay Area location, please leave us a comment below.
Powered by Facebook Comments