No Exercise Motivation? Here’s 5 tips to get you moving…
With over 10 years of experience in sports and fitness, over 4 years as a Class 2 soccer/football referee in Singapore, Yana brings an abundance of knowledge and real sports experience to her clients. You can inquire about her training or yoga services at www.XodusFitness.com
How do you find the exercise motivation to get you going when you don’t even feel like getting off the couch? To be honest, I have days when it is hard to get inspired (any trainer that tells you that they are always motivated to train is lying to you).
Before I start, I need to know your “Why”. Why do you want to workout? Is it because you want to get healthy, lose weight, look or feel great or have marathon to train for? Having a goal that is attainable and realistic is a great start.
Here are some tips that work for me:
- The thought of attending an event such as a wedding or family reunion. This is purely out if vanity but it works. Imagine friends and family coming up to you and telling you that you look slimmer and fitter. Of course, it is important that you feel positive about your body image but nothing beats getting compliments for all the hard work you have put in.
- Having a workout buddy. Working out with a friend is never boring. This is what I call “healthy socializing”, you are catching up with your friends while burning calories together. A workout buddy also keeps you on track and make sure you keep your exercise appointments with him/her.
- Pick up a new sporting activity or join Group Training. Group training is a great and inexpensive way to get you motivated. Bring a friend along and have fun working out together. Find a group that suits your needs or a sport that keeps you moving. Check out Body Transformation Bootcamp
- Telling yourself that you will feel better after working out. I have never had a client that tells me they feel awful after a workout; they always come out of it sweaty but smiling. It’s those Endorphins again, these feel-good hormones are produced when you exercise.
- Focus on having Fun. Remember when you are a kid and you can play all day without feeling out of breath or tired. Kids never get tired because they are so focused on playing and having a good time. If I am going out for a run, I make sure that I have a playlist of songs that are fun and upbeat to keep me pumped.
There are many more reasons to get motivated. These are a few that help me. Leave us a comment below and let me know what motivates you?
Powered by Facebook Comments