Latest posts by Rich Thurman MA, CSCS CPT, ONNIT KB Specialist (see all)
- Steel Mace Training: 3 Exercises For A Bigger Bench Press - April 20, 2016
- Steel Mace Training: What Is It? - March 28, 2016
- 10 Most Common Fitness Training Mistakes for Beginners - December 28, 2015
Everybody waits until the New Year to fulfill a promise to themselves; a resolution to get in shape, lose weight, run their first marathon or quit smoking and drinking.
Why not make a preemptive strike on your fitness? The holiday season is approaching and with that comes a wide array of gatherings, from Thanksgiving to Christmas parties…all of which include a glutinous feeding frenzy by most. But why do YOU have to go overboard?
Here are a few ways to get the jump on those terror suspects known as calories and wipe them out before they have a chance to blow up your figure.
- Start a regular cardio and strength training program NOW! Find a trainer, join a Bootcamp or a group training program of some sort. Find something that you can enjoy as you’ll be more likely to stick to it and this will help you burn a few extra calories this holiday season.
limit your alcohol consumption. Not only do these empty calories pack on the weight, but the toxins can slow the body’s metabolism. Also, many people tend to consume more food while drinking. Extra calories equals extra body fat.
- Fill up before you get there…at least a little bit. Never attend a party on an empty stomach. This is a recipe for disaster. Have some quality high fiber, nutrient dense foods like fruits and leafy greens.
So now that you have a few tools to help you out, there’s no excuses. Get it done and come January first you’ll hit the ground running on that resolution.
Powered by Facebook Comments